IIR Telecoms and Technology
The content of the conference will focus on economics and business models as related to optical networking, innovation beyond 100G and the evolution to TBits, the evolving role of ROADMs in optical networking, and much more.
EXHIBITORS FOR SHOW
Join Ciena, the network specialist, at WDM & Next Generation Optical Networking 2014 to learn how to evolve the network for the high-bandwidth future.
Ciena can help increase optical and packet capacity at great scale, without exploding costs, by converging networks, network layers and domains. Learn the benefits of L0-L2 SDN-enabled transport networks that span traditional domain boundaries, connect to cloud data centers and deliver application aware on-demand services.
Ciena will also host the following sessions:
- 23 June, 9:30, Workshop with Mattias Fridstrom, TeliaSonera: Make Transformation Possible: Unlock the Power of your Network
- 24 June, 12:00,Practical Evolution to Network Convergence - How and Why?
- 24 June, 16:35, Evolution Beyond 100G: The Holistic Networking Approach
- 25 June, 12:20, Panel: SDN – What does it mean for Transport/DWDM/Optical Networking?
To register for the workshop or to meet Ciena at the event, please email email@example.com
At the 16th annual Next Generation Optical Networking conference and exhibition, Coriant will showcase its industry-leading portfolio of end-to-end, multi-layer transport networking products, including the recently introduced mTera Universal Transport Platform – a flexible, multi-terabit packet optical transport offering that reduces OPEX/CAPEX and forms a key building block for Coriant's Dynamic Optical Cloud solution.
Also showcased will be the Coriant Dynamic Optical Cloud Solution, a highly programmable infrastructure solution that enables service providers to cost-effectively address rapidly changing traffic dynamics driven by consumer and business demand for cloud connectivity. With a high-performance solutions portfolio and proven software-defined intelligence, automation and control, Coriant is redefining transport networks for a new networked world.
Ekinops is a leading supplier of next generation optical transport equipment for telecommunications service providers.
The Ekinops 360 addresses Metro, Regional, and Long-Haul applications with a single, highly-integrated platform. Ekinops is a market-leading innovator in 100G transport with a coherent line of products that truly optimises optical networks and comes in 1RU, 2RU or 7RU chassis. The Ekinops 360 relies on the highly-programmable Ekinops T-Chip® (Transport-on-a-Chip) architecture that enables fast, flexible and cost-effective delivery of new services for high-speed, high-capacity transport.
Using the Ekinops 360 carrier-grade system, operators can simply increase capacity of their networks – CWDM, DWDM, Ethernet, ESCON, Fibre Channel, SONET/SDH, and uncompressed video (HD-SDI, SD-SDI, ASI). Ekinops is headquartered in Lannion, France, and Ekinops Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary, is incorporated in the USA.
JDSU is your partner of choice for high-performance components with unique attributes for next-generation data-center and cloud-enabled networks.
Visit stand #26 to see:
- TrueFlex Twin MxN WSS with test access (2x20) for next-generation networks and colorless/directionless/contentionless applications
- The industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of 40/100/200 G components and modules
- Pluggable transmission modules that enable higher-density, reduced power, and lower-cost solutions for all reaches and various form factors including SFP, SFP+, XFP, CFP2, and CFP4
- Vertically-integrated, highly-compact transport line card solutions that save valuable space and power
- Test solutions for lab and manufacturing applications, from basic optical connectors and ROADM component testing to 40/100 G transmission and next-generation protocol testing
MRV Communications is a global provider in converged packet and optical solutions that empower the optical edge and network integration services for leading communications service providers.
For more than two decades, the most demanding service providers, Fortune 1000 companies and governments worldwide have trusted MRV to provide best-in-class solutions and services for their mission-critical networks. By enabling more intelligent networks, MRV is helping its customers improve service delivery for critical applications such as cloud connectivity, high-capacity business services, mobile backhaul and data center connectivity.
Stop by MRV’s Booth #28 at the Next Generation Optical Networking Show to learn more about the latest optical networking approaches that are helping data centers, cloud providers, service providers and more to better meet the ever-increasing demands for more bandwidth.
Xilinx will be showcasing the Virtex UltraScale VU095 device for the first time, and the first 400GE demonstration into a single chip solution.
Gilles Garcia, Director of Wired Communication, Xilinx, will be presenting on '400GE Technology: Research to Development'. Learn how Xilinx is working with leading equipment manufactures to solve the challenges associated with 400GE network readiness. This presentation will discuss critical technologies in 400GE and how programmable technology is playing a key role to expedite the development and deployment of next-generation networking products.
Gilles will address challenges encountered by key Tier 1s when they are building their 400GE line card and will highlight how Xilinx helped them to address those challenges, sharing the experiences of two Tier 1 projects. Gilles will also participate in a panel discussion: 'Technology Readiness and Capability With Roadmap to 1 Tbps'.
Xtera, supplier of long-haul optical transmission infrastructure, will be present at the WDM & Next Generation Optical Networking 2014 conference in Nice (24 to 26 June). This new edition will be a great opportunity to meet at Xtera’s booth and listen to Xtera speaking in both terrestrial and submarine sessions. We will be delighted to discuss how Xtera’s solutions can help network operators enhance the performances of their optical backbone infrastructure. Also we will have the pleasure to talk in more details about two recent customers wins to be announced within the next few days.
On the top of that, and because Raman amplification technology is needed for 100G and 100G+ long-haul optical networking, we propose to set up dedicated meetings to share thorough information about Raman technology. Depending on your focus and interests, the a la carte content can include the following items:
- Optical transport market trends and needs;
- Technology and history of Raman amplification;
- Raman amplification in the field;
- 100G and 400G field trials over ultra-long-haul distances;
- Unrepeatered links (including recent results in excess of 500 km) and multi-span links with long distances between sites as enabled by Raman amplification;
- Raman amplification for subsea cable systems; and
- Xtera’s long term roadmap/vision for enhancing capacity and reach in backbone networks.