CTTS delivers City & Guilds accredited BDUK courses
CTTS Training is now delivering the City & Guilds accredited Broadband Distribution Networks Engineering (BDNE) course, which is designed to support companies taking part in the Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) network build.
The 10-day course aims to give BT Openreach engineers and subcontractors the real skills relevant to the many BDUK contracts that are in place all over the UK.
The course covers the following:
- Foundation module, network topologies and technologies
- Optical consolidation racks and practical splicing
- Optical fibre cable handling and preparation
- Safe handling of infrastrructure plant machinery
- Air-blown fibre procedures
- Telecoms duct and sub-duct installation
- Cable blowing equipment
- Fibre bundle blowing equipment
- Joints, splitter nodes and distribution points
- Customer premises equipment
- Fibre-optic network testing and commissioning