AFL has introduced the Fujikura 19S fusion splicer, a fixed, V‑groove single fibre splicer, the latest in several new field splicer solutions launched by the company in 2013.
The company says the device retains the proven ruggedised features pioneered by Fujikura, but incorporates automated and enhanced user control capabilities to increase splicing efficiency.
'AFL's customers across North America have come to depend on AFL and Fujikura for quality, reliable engineering for their splicing needs. The revolutionary new features incorporated into this new generation of splicers illustrate once again why Fujikura is so dominant in the market,' said Greg Pickeral, product manager of fusion splicing systems for AFL.
The Fujikura 19S fusion splicer offers several enhanced features, according to AFL:
- Automated and programmable wind protector;
- Fully ruggedised for shock, dust and moisture;
- Li-ion battery with 180 splice/heat cycles per charge;
- 5 mm cleave length for splice on connectors or small package needs;
- Sheath clamp or fiber holder operation;
- On-board training and support videos;
- Internet software upgrades;
- Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation; and
- Fully compatible with the FuseConnect line of splice-on connectors.